Category: Injectable steroids
Substance: nandrolone decanoate
Package: 100 mg/amp.
Deca durabolin is the Organon brand name for nandrolone decanoate. World wide Deca is one of the most popular injectable steroids. It’s popularity is likely due to the fact that Deca exhibits significant anabolic effects with minimal androgenic side effects.
Considered by many the best overall steroid for a man to use (side effects vs. results) Deca durabolin is most commonly injected once per week at a dosage of 200-400mg. With this amount, estrogen conversion is slight so gyno is no problem. Also uncommon are problems with liver enzymes, blood pressure or cholesterol levels. At higher dosages, side effects may become increasingly more frequent, but this is still a very well tolerated drug. It should also be noted that in HIV studies, Deca has been shown not only to be effective at safely bringing up the lean bodyweight of patient but also to be beneficial to the immune system.
For bodybuilding, Deca durabolin can effectively be incorporated in both mass and cutting cycles it stacks good with sustanon, dianabol, anadrol… One major drawback to Deca is that it can be detected in a drug screen for as long as a year after use. Unfortunately for many competitive athletes, this makes Deca and other nandrolone products off limits. Deca is also a comparatively expensive anabolic. Black market, 200mg of Deca will cost upwards of $20 in most instances. Deca produces very few side effects.
Other adverse reactions may include:
– Oligospermia and decreased ejaculatory volume;
– Suppression of ovarian activity, atrophy of the breasts and endometrial tissue.
– Amenorrhoea and inhibition of spermatogenesis.
– Water and salt retention.
– Premature epiphyseal closure.
– If signs of virilisation develop, treatment should be discontinued.
– Increase in nitrogen retention and skeletal weight;
– Increased vascularity of the skin;
– Increased growth of the bone;
– Elderly males may become over-stimulated.
Patients with the following conditions should be monitored:
– latent or overt cardiac failure, renal dysfunction, hypertension, epilepsy or migraine (or a history of these conditions), since anabolic steroids may induce salt and fluid retention;
– diabetes, since anabolic steroids may improve the glucose tolerance and decrease the need for insulin or other antidiabetic dugs;
– incomplete statural growth, since anabolic steroids in high dosages may accelerate epiphyseal closure;
– skeletal metastases, since anabolic steroids may induce hypercalcaemia and hypercalciuria in these patients.
– liver dysfunction.
Toxicity studies in animals after repeated dosing did not indicate a safety risk for humans. No formal studies to assess reproduction toxicity, genotoxicity and carcinogenicity have been conducted by the company. As a class, anabolic steroids are considered to be probably carcinogenic to humans (IARC Group 2a).
The use of androgens in different species has resulted in virilisation of the external genitals of female foetuses. Investigations into the genotoxic potential of nandrolone showed it to be positive in an in vitro micronucleus assay and an in vivo micronucleus assay in mouse but not rat, and in the comet assay of mouse and rat. The clinical relevance of these findings is unknown, therefore the risk to patients cannot be ruled out.